Audrina Patridge’s late niece Sadie’s cause of death has been determined to be a drug overdose, police sources told TMZ.
She was 15 when she died in February.
The outlet noted that a manner of death has not been determined because there is currently an investigation for possible criminal charges.
Sources that they’re trying to figure out how the late teenager was able to procure the narcotics, adding that they’ve learned she allegedly used Snapchat to procure Percocet that was laced with fentanyl.
A rep for Snapchat didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for comment.
The Hills star, 38, shared the heartbreaking news in February that Sadie had passed away in a 10-slide Instagram tribute.
“My heart hurts to even write this. My beautiful niece is now in heaven,” she captioned the slide show that looked back on cherished memories.
“I know Its [sic] not goodbye forever, but it is the hardest to say goodbye for now. We will miss you and cherish every single moment we had with you. Rest in peace Say Say!! We love you forever & ever!”
Neither Patridge nor her sister, Casey Loza, — who also appeared on The Hills and The Hills: New Beginnings — shared Sadie’s cause of death at the time, but Loza told her own Instagram followers that her daughter’s “story will save countless lives.”
Snapchat came under fire in early 2021 when Language of Love podcast host Dr. Laura Berman revealed her 16-year-old son, Samuel, died from fentanyl-laced Xanax he had purchased on the social medium.
“We are committed to working together with law enforcement in this case and in all instances where Snapchat is used for illegal purposes,” a Snapchat spokesperson told Page Six at the time.
“We have zero tolerance for using Snapchat to buy or sell illegal drugs,” the statement continued, noting that using Snapchat for “illegal purposes” goes against the company’s community guidelines.
This article originally appeared on Page Six and was reproduced with permission.