Isla Fisher breaks silence as she appears to shrug off Rebel Wilson’s allegations


Isla Fisher has broken her social media silence since the future around allegations made by Rebel Wilson about her husband, actor and comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

Wilson’s memoir, Rebel Rising, detailed an alleged experience where Baron Cohen asked her to “stick her finger up his a*s.”

Fisher, Baron Cohen’s wife of 14 years, has finally taken to social media for the first time following Wilson’s accusations.

The Australian actress shared a photo on a night out with her celeb friends while at a production of The Hills of California in Los Angeles.

Producer Bruna Papandrea, fellow Aussie actress Naomi Watts and Downton Abbey star Michelle Dockery all sat beside their friend.

Fisher flashed a big grin in the happy snap, seemingly appearing unbothered by the allegations her husband has faced and since denied.

After the claims were made, Baron Cohen completely denied Wilson’s words and said they were false. He hired a lawyer to peruse the case further.

Wilson said she was made to feel uncomfortable on the set of the 2016 comedy Grimsby. In it, she played a woman named Dawn, girlfriend to Nobby, Baron Cohen’s character.

Grimsby. She alleges the comedian pressured her to film a nude scene, which she refused to do. She said her experiences with Baron Cohen had prompted her to adopt a “no a**holes” policy in deciding who she works with, and had said that she’d warned many other people away from working with him.

Baron Cohen has strongly denied Wilson’s claims, with a spokesperson calling them “demonstrably false” and “directly contradicted by extensive detailed evidence”.

Wilson later claimed Cohen had been attempting to hire lawyers to stop the release of her memoir in its current form.

“Now the a**hole is trying to threaten me. He’s hired a crisis PR manager and lawyers. He’s trying to stop press coming out about my new book,” she wrote in an Instagram story last week. “But the book WILL come out and you will all know the truth.”

Wilson’s book was scheduled for release yesterday (April 3), however numerous retailers have since removed the book from their websites.

One of Australia’s biggest book retailers, Amazon, have made the memoir unavailable to order, and noted to customers: “We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

On Booktopia.com the book is currently listed as “Unavailable” with no date listed as to when the memoir will be back on-sale.